- Stonewall has announced that it will begin campaigning for trans equality. The report available from their website shows an awareness of both nonbinary issues and the impacts affecting a range of intersectional identities, although no specific campaigns have been announced yet.
- A new version of Mx Evidence has been released, showing 31 major UK companies, government departments etc accepting Mx as a title.
- The law society of Scotland now let solicitors register without specifying gender, and allow Mx
- Anyone based in Scotland might also be interested in the Scottish Transgender Alliance’spolicy officer vacancy, which explicity welcomes nonbinary applicants.
- UCAS apply have updated their application form at the end of January to ask for gender rather than “legal sex” – they have agreed to add nonbinary options to the form for the 2016 applications.
Elsewhere in the world:
- Malta introduces X passports
- Campaigners blast the New York Times for refusing to print the correct pronouns for non-binary people.
- A more positive sign for more social recognition in the US as a survey found half of 18-34 year olds believe gender isn’t limited to male and female.
By Alex Hilton with thanks to MxActivist and people on facebook for some of the links.