Adore writing about trans topics and making sure non-binary people are heard in the UK media? Beyond the Binary is looking for a couple of passionate and motivated non-binary people to grow Beyond the Binary – could this be you?
After a busy summer, both current editors are stepping down from running Beyond the Binary this autumn, which means we’re currently on the hunt for people who can take Beyond the Binary forwards. Having served the non-binary community in the UK for the past couple of years, making sure non-binary people’s comments on mainstream issues are heard and sharing different stories, we’d love for the website to continue to be a source of inspiration.
Role – 5-6 hours per week:
- Sourcing varied pieces of content through posts on social media channels, connections within the trans community and friends, and utilising editorial team where needed to edit these.
- Posting interesting articles, news items, and Beyond the Binary content daily on Twitter and Facebook.
- Responding to media enquiries, requests for interviews, requests for reviews, requests for TV and documentary presence. Beyond the Binary is often approached for offers of collaboration and to feed into articles.
- Introduce you to the editorial team
- Share login details with you for Twitter and Facebook
- Add you as the admin to Facebook page and group
- Share login for the website and the contact for your web developer who can assist with any changes or ad hoc issues wiwth Beyond the Binary
- Send you details for our PayPal and bank account for any fundraising you might want to do for ongoing projects.
Sounds ideal to you? Get in touch with us through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the following things:
- Why are you interested in editing Beyond the Binary?
- How many hours per week could you dedicate to the site?
- What networks within the non-binary/wider trans community do you have – groups, projects, organisational work? Any previous work or volunteering examples would be great to have.
- How do you think you could keep people engaged with the website and the content it produces?
- What experience of managing websites or web development do you have?
- What could be one long term vision or aim of Beyond the Binary?
We’re happy to answer any other questions you may have, so do get in touch with us!